Friday, July 07, 2006

Sri Aurobindo and ...


.... the Mother

After a long time, I went one day. It was to one of my favourite destinations - Pondicherry. And as it has been always, the travel has been mindless or rather totally mindful or may be even beyond mind. Got back from night duty at 1.30 a.m and was vaccilating whether to spend my off day travelling to Pondicherry from Chennai or not...
1.30 a.m. slowly drifted to 3.30 a.m. and I was feeling so fresh with not a wink of sleep in over 24 hours! And the wake up call of the cuckoos was ringing in my ears and I decided to push off.
Got ready, took the 5.45 a.m. bus to Pondicherry via the East Coast Road. Reading Savitri, watching the sights of the Bay of Bengal and looking at a Tamil film running on the DVD in the bus, I reached Pondy by 9 a.m.
Sat at the Samadhi for an hour in meditation. No thoughts but just being. And then walked out quietly to amble along the rocky beach waters skirting the Union Territory. And when I returned to Chennai by 4.30 p.m. and had a really sound sleep for an hour and a half like never before. It was a quiet journey to the home of my Spiritual Mother.

3 Comments:

Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Yes Parvati.

1:11 AM  
Blogger kitchenette soul said...

The picture too is serene like your visit. I haven't been there but you post is invites me to the Mother.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Yes Kichenette. Thank You.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home