Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Idam Shareeram...


...Kshetram Ityabhidhiyate

I was contemplating on the words, "The distance between 'What is,' and 'What should be', is the cause for all misery. (Akshara)

I am trying to see first about the "What is." "What is" is Who Am I - Aham and what is around me - Idam. When I close my eyes and ask "Who am I," I see that it is happening in a field which is not my body. The eyes are closed and the "Who am I" is a thought that is present inside the capsule of a body and breath.
"Who am I," is a thought. "You are there," is a thought. Everything associated with the 'I', 'Me', Mine, You, Yours, They Theirs, Its, are mere thoughts. And all the thoughts happen in the same place, within me. I am seeing, I am touching, I am experiencing, I am breathing, I am smelling, I am tasting, are all wrong. Or rather, they are just thoughts. The I is itself a thought. A thought wave, born out of the ocean of existence. Which does not speak, and has no name. The 'What is' has no place, because, there is "nothing; and if there is no "What is," then the scope for 'What should be' is also gone. I feel there is an ocean up to my chest and from that ocean a wave of thought rises.
This body and mind is the fertile field for planting, nurturing and growth of thoughts.
- Swahilya.

3 Comments:

Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Hmm. Thanks Parvati. I'm lucky too, to be able to share it with you all.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Vigneshwar said...

Parvati,

Thanks for posting the experience that you witnessed. So.... ultimately there is no "I". "I" seems to be a passing thought in the universal VOID. Pure nothingness is what we are!!! So..who are the Gods? Are they nothing but our projections? The entire universe happens and rests on this sweet Nothingness - denoted as TripuraSundari by some or Chidambara Nataraja by some. But all this is nothing but our own TRUE SELF.
There is no "our" self, in fact, there is no-one. ZERO is an appropriate term because not even the ONE exists truely.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Vigneshwar said...

Please excuse me Swahilya, the SELF in Parvathi and Swahilya is the same. So ... :-)

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home