Saturday, February 25, 2006

Brahma Murari...



...Surarchita Lingam

The most fascinating Lingam
And the lilting Lingashtakam
Which has swayed me since childhood
The more I chant that
The more I realise from within
What the Lingam means
It means at times fire
Sometimes, it is a clod of earth
Water is also Lingam
And so is Air
The dome of the sky
Is the biggest Lingam of Space
There is the Lingam of the Mind
The cosmic form of the thought energy
The biggest Lingam ever is
The Athma Lingam
That is everything
Exclusive and Inclusive
Humbly though,
It may appear as Nothing
It is all the sounds put together
But quietly, it poses as Silence
It is the compendium of
All knowledge and wisdom
But its meek form
Does not reveal all that it knows.
It is all. It is one. It is none.
The Lingam is no stone
But the live energy within.

- Swahilya.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Beautiful!! I luv the Lingashtkam..Thanks Swahilya for the wonderful explanation..

11:50 AM  
Blogger kitchenette soul said...

My favourite too, my first introduction to Shiva in my childhood. Lovely explanation. Happy Shivrathri

5:08 PM  
Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Thank you Parvati, Arjuna and Kichenette. My celebration of Shivaratri is with chanting of Shambho Maha Deva. I invite you to see my post on Maha Shivaratri at Aksharoham (my blog).

11:13 PM  
Blogger Kavitha Kalyan said...

Wow, fantastically written. Sounds even more profound on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Thank you Kavita.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why is the lingam looking blurred in the photo? Just like your lingashtakam description, the photo can also be clear isn't it? If there is an explanation then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home