Thursday, March 09, 2006

Deepam Jyoti...


...Param Brahma
Deepam Jyoti Parambrahma
The particles of the Param
That get ignited and shine
Revealing the light embedded in space
The lamp that reminds us
Of the light that is everywhere

Deepam Sarvam Tamopaham
The light that shines bright
Not removing the darkness
But expressing its presence
As the ever existing light
Everywhere and at all times

Deepena Sashwathe Sarvam
Everything resides in this light
And the light indeed is everything

Sandhya Deepam Namostute
That light and no light
The threshold of day and night
I worship you.

Shubham Karoti Kalyanam
May you bestow upon me
Auspiciousness and victory

Arogyam Dhana Sampadaha
Health, wealth and prosperity

Shathru Buddhi Vinashaya
May you destroy that enemy within
Residing in my mind
That holds me from progressing

Deepa Jyotir Namostute
I worship that light of the lamp
That dispels the darkness
In my mind.

- Swahilya

5 Comments:

Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Thank you Parvati.

10:16 AM  
Blogger kitchenette soul said...

That's a lovely translation/interpretation

8:03 AM  
Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Thanks Parvathy V, (K.S.)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Trespasser said...

Really beautiful.
Tamaso ma jyotirgamaya

9:30 AM  
Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Thank you Trespasser: I'm sorry, I didn't know you have visited here already.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home