Tuesday, January 24, 2006

An apology..




...and a post

I begin with an apology, for not posting so long on this blog. It was for no other reason, but just that I wanted to contribute uniquely here and not just copy what I post on Aksharoham. But now, the divine has blessed me with more technology, a laptop with internet on my mobile phone, a digital camera to click and transfer to the laptop and just the mind to make good use of the technology. I resolve to make good use of them, with gratitude. So from here I go:


Offerings

Patram Pushpam Phalam Thoyam
Yo Me Bhaktya Prayachati
A leaf, a flower, a fruit or just water
Is all that I ask of you
A leaf is one each day
Out of the tree of life
A flower an expression of your soul
A fruit is that which you yield
The essence of your being
And water is all that you can take
Of me and give back unto me.
The greatest offering
Yourself unto Yourself.
Nothing more, nothing less.

- Swahilya.


2 Comments:

Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Thank you Parvati. The flower is Nandiavattai (I don't know what it is called in English and the leaves are Tulasi) The flowers are a favourite offering to Shiva and the leaves to Vishnu. Let me clarify, the discrimination of offerings does not belong to them, but of the human mind!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

But Parvati, isn't periwinkle Nithyakalyani, the flower that blooms very easily on the wayside in white and purple. They are grown and exported abroad for their cancer-treating properties. They have got a wild smell while Nandiavattai has got a great fragrance too. You are right, every flower and leaf has a certain vibration which just go as offerings to various deities.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home