Saturday, October 22, 2005

The churning of my ocean











I live in the ocean of life,
deep refreshing blue waters of life.
On a steady hill of order,
resting on the back of society,
of culture, tradition and faith.
I stay here and try to find
My complete truth i call within myself
while my demons and my angels
fight a deadly tug of war within my very mind.

I pray to you O Lord Vishnu
give me the stability i need
within my sphere of my people,
my feelings, my role in life
He protects me like a giant tortoise
giving me nothing more to fear.
I try hard to go within myself,
while my emotions swing like a serpent
As i perform within my life
my wheel of karma.

I grow, i churn, i evolve
extracting myself from myself
as i pour forth all poison
and negate all negative thoughts
within my being.
i suffer, i writhe in pain
as my emotions and my thought torment
while the world outside complains
on me being really me.

And while i grow and churn myself
O Lord Shiva help me so
Let not my poison affect
these beautiful waters of life.
He comes and takes my poison,
swallows it within Himself to help me grow,
to help me see while he saves the world from me

I dive deep into thought
i dive deep into action
i dive deep into myself
to extract the beauty within.
I glow, i am blessed
with the grace of the Lord
as i shine forth to all around me.
giving them in sweet words
the true nectar of life.

and to that very society i return
with true faith and virtue in sweet words i recite
the beauty of the Lord within.
I might live on, i might die
it does not matter no more
for i have seen my beauty within hidden,
deep within my being.

My ocean of nectar flows to the Mother
who gave me this new birth.
I worship you O Mother
You who protect me all through
You have brought me to myself face to face,
you have shown me who i am
i no not exist i do not live
i am but a speck of dust
forever at your lotus feet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Dear Kavitha: Serene as an ocean.

9:34 AM  
Blogger kitchenette soul said...

Dear Kavita:

Lovely! Good analogy

10:22 AM  
Blogger krishna said...

Kavitha

Nice churning :)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Venky Krishnamoorthy said...

Good title. A good attempt,in explaining a very profund mythology event.

9:38 AM  
Blogger SongOfSoul said...

Dear Kavitha,
Oh beautiful. Blissful experience. what a wonderful analogy.

Yes, Life is like the "ksheera saagara madhanam", everything is in the deep blue waters of a serene ocean hidden within us. First the poison comes and then the nectar of eternal joy.

Simply Superb Kavitha,

with best wishes
Suman

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home