Sunday, September 25, 2005

COSMIC CONSCIOUNESS

I am a seeker too just like you
Each of us here are seekers too
For its man’s nature to commune with the Divine
Just as naturally as rivers flow into the Ocean
Both Never for a reason

The thoughts that come forth through all of us are the expressions of the One Divine.
Thoughts that invariably lead to that One Ocean of Cosmic Consciousness.
I read each of them with reverence each is a blessing happening through a form

Just like you I too have had the same question bubbling up why and what? A VERY NATURAL QUESTION. It is a blessing actually, a springboard to your spiritual evolution.

I have asked this same question to My Master Swami Akshara “Why should I write? To what end?” He laughed and said, “Now should every Master ask this question, every sculptor ask this question there would not have been a Michelangelo, a Leonardo da Vinci” Swamiji asked me to simply write.

I dropped the why and the what for. And what followed was a miracle. I have no ‘experience’ in writing other than leave letters to school for my children. No training, nothing. My blog name describes me in a single word Kitchenette Soul. A person who is just another housewife. My world is my home, but now my home is the world . This is what My Master brought about in one stroke.

These are thoughts, which come by when I am in silence simply for no reason. I just write them down as they pass by. No thinking, no editing, nothing, written in a flash that’s all. I share them simply. Like My Master says “There is no copyright to the Divine.”
The world around says I write poetry. At the insistence of My Master a book of my poems was published this year as Kitchenette Soul.

Yes the world around is full of strife. Why go so far, there the home too which is a mirror of the world outside. To make a difference to the world outside, to the home inside it is important to make a difference to yourself. Spiritual regeneration. To evolve spiritually. To become a quieter human being, who does not do charity but shares simply for no reason for all he sees are his own both at home and outside. You cannot be charitable to yourself! You are not somebody who just does good work to simply feel good and earn some punyam, but because you see them as your own.

The lives of all Great Masters reflect this. Swami Vivekananda too emphasized on spiritual awakening as a foundation for every activity in life. The organization he established is a stunning example of what Vedanta can do. Each Spiritual Master emphasizes on a foundation of spiritual awakening first.

Ramakrishna Mission is well known for their selfless social commitments. They are first to arrive to give help in times of tragedy. A lot of work is done without much fanfare or publicity. Now where does the strength come, the motivation? Ordinary men and women turn into giants once the spiritual awakening within happens.

Swamiji once asked us to write down what is meant by spiritual sadhana. This was the answer

The journey

From the form to the formless
From the body to the soul within
To connect from the soul within me
To reach out to others from within the depths of Silence within me to that unbounded omnipresent Divine not just in me found in all of humanity. Life takes on a new meaning then.

For once I have written a real long post, promise to keep it short and sweet next time as usual.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mysorean said...

Kitchenette Soul and Agnibharathi,

I am grateful to God to have given me a chance to just read these posts. I am afraid there is no expression that can convey for being one of them who can post on this blog.

Thanks!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Parvathy: What burst of energy!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Kitchen madam - very good post from u :)..We are defintely proud to have you with us :)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home